Monday, 20 July 2026

Kevin Keegan Rest In Peace

It was announced today that Kevin Keegan OBE had lost his fight against cancer and died at the age of 75. Keegan was once also Known as "Mighty Mouse" and "King Kev" - he won 63 England caps, scoring 21 goals for the Three Lions as a player before he managed the team between February 1999 and October 2000
Above: A new Harry Pye painting: 'The Fab Kevin Keegan'. (Kevin's hair painted by Rowland Smith). Harry says: "I was very young in the Summer of 1982 but I do remember the music, the ice lollies, and the haircuts of that time. It was really exciting when Kevin Keegan appeared on television - he was amazing. Sadly he did very badly in the World Cup in Spain because he had a dodgy back. I remember the build up to the matches and I remember feeling jealous of the children who had items that had the World Cup logo on them. I didn't have enough pocket money to buy a sticker album or football kits etc but I remember being happy in day dreams - playing football and trying to be fab like Kevin."

No comments:

Post a Comment