Friday 9 March 2018

Introducing Richard Mittens

135 artists are taking part in "Inside Job" which takes place on the 7th and 8th of April on Level 6 of Tate Modern. Over the next few weeks The Rebel Magazine will be chatting to some of the Tate staff who are showing their artwork. Today's artist is Richard Mittens
Q) Where were you born and where did you grow up? "London Town. Little Venice." Q) What kind of education did you receive? "Long story." Q) How long have you been working at the Tate? "About three years."
Q) What can you tell me about the work you're exhibiting in the Tate Modern show? "I was very lucky to meet Rachel Whiteread, I asked if I could paint her. She said I have not got enough time to sit for you. I said don’t worry a photo Will do. I’ve painted two paintings, from the photograph." Q) How can people find out more about your work - do you have a website or do Instagram? "I'm on Facebook and I do Instagram:
Q) What's the best thing about working for the Tate? I love Turner’s work, especially his red sky. Red sky at night shepherd's house on fire. I love being part of art, and meeting people."
"Inside Job": An exhibition of art by Tate Staff will take place on Level 6 of the Blavatnik Building of Tate Modern, Bankside, London SE1 9TG http://www.tate.org.uk/visit/tate-modern

No comments:

Post a Comment