Sunday 18 March 2018

Introducing Ted Brunning

135 artists are taking part in "Inside Job" which takes place on the 7th and 8th of April on Level 6 of Tate Modern. Over the next few weeks The Rebel Magazine will be chatting to some of the Tate staff who are showing their artwork. Today it's the turn of Ted Brunning
Q) Where did you grow up and what kind of education did you receive? "I grew up in Chester, in the North West of England. I went to private school all of my life, and did my GCSEs at a boarding school, which had a massive influence on me." Q) How long have you been working at the Tate and what's the best show you've seen there? "I've only been working at the Tate for about two months, the best show I've seen so far is easily the Joan Jonas! It's an absolutely incredible exhibition, it blew my mind, she makes use of sound in her work also, which really appealed to me, as I come from a sound background and this is a primary interest of mine."
Q) What can you tell me about the work you're exhibiting in the Tate Modern show? "The piece that I am exhibiting is intended to be entirely made of sound, except for the unavoidable parts that are required to produce the sound. The installation explores technology and speech, and the way that the sounds that technology produces can change the way we think."
Q) How can people find out more about your work - do you have a website or do Instagram? Website - www.boxfuss.co.uk Instagram - modexist Soundcloud - www.soundcloud.com/modexist
Q) Is there anything you have to declare / do you have a favourite quote, thought or joke you'd care to share? "I came across a saying on the internet a while ago, 'Art without risk is not Art', I can't remember where I saw it, but I think there is a lot of truth in it, it is important to try new things and be prepared for the eventuality that they may fail."
"Inside Job": An exhibition of art by Tate Staff will take place on Level 6 of the Blavatnik Building of Tate Modern, Bankside, London SE1 9TG http://www.tate.org.uk/visit/tate-modern

No comments:

Post a Comment